Work is work. Busy as hell with all sorts of politics and bullshit. Some days I like what I do; other days I hate it with the angry hate of a thousand suns. I have yet to decide what I want to do - do I want to look for another job? Would things be any different someplace else? Do I even want to stay in IT? If I could actually answer those questions (and the whole host of others swirling around in my head) I might be able to make some decisions and move forward. As it is I'm pretty much in limbo.
So I'm focusing on non-work stuff for the moment. Things like upgrades and renovations to the house. Getting new toys now that I (FINALLY) got wifi at home. Vacation. You know, fun stuff.
Here's the list:
1. Schedule the first home visit with the bathroom re-modelers. We did the phone estimate so now it is time to have him come out and measure, draw pictures, and provide a somewhat more accurate estimate. If I'm cool with what he tells me (and I like him, that's a big thing) we'll move to the third step of picking out fixtures and finalizing the estimate.
2. Research the various tablets available and decide if a) I really want a table and b) which one.
3. Research laptops and decide if a) I really want a laptop and b) which one.
You might ask why I'm looking at both tablets and laptops. Well, I have a desktop and I use that for surfing the web right now and when I work at home. I'm thinking of adding a laptop to that so I can work via wifi and I'm not tied to my office. I also prefer writing on a laptop rather than a PC because I can get more comfortable. But I don't want to lug a laptop around when I travel or back and forth to work, etc. Plus sometimes I just want to check FB or Tumbler without booting the PC up but with a bigger screen than my phone. So I may get one or the other or both. Yes, I like toys.
4. Schedule excursion for the next vacation. Dad and I are doing our usual thing of going on a cruise. I just haven't gotten around to scheduling the excursions yet.
5. Schedule my vacation at work. This is important!
6. Get a new couch. I replaced the cushions on my old couch and that worked but now I'm ready to get a new one.
7. Have Goodwill or AmVets pick up the old couch.
8. Other house stuff. Like painting the mailbox. And pruning the almost dead trees. And cutting back the plants that are trying to take over since I haven't had time to garden this year.
I'm sure there is more. There is always more.
Now it is time to go to yet another meeting (I swear I spend half my life in those). I would promise to blog more but we all know I'd fail horribly so I'll just say later.