1) swept out and straightened the garage
2) dumped the containers from the container garden
3) cleaned said containers
4) cleaned the deck
5) unhooked the hose, drained, and put in the now clean garage
6) started to clean the gutters until I realized that I was wasting my time (leaves are still falling)
8) two loads of laundry (so far)
9) assembled my med kit for my trip
10) put together my toiletries that will be in my checked bag
11) put together the toiletries that will be in my carry on bag
12) started packing my backpack
Whew! I'm just a wee bit tired now. Still to do is more laundry and figuring out exactly what clothes to pack. I'll probably practice pack tomorrow. I pretty much always practice pack for these big trips because I overpack the first time and it gives me a chance to pare things down a bit. I still end up overpacking and I doubt this trip will be any different. I'm going to be gone for 21 days (18 abroad), the weather is going to range from upper 40s at night to anywhere from mid-sixties to mid-eighties during the day. That means layers. Plus while we don't do the formal nights on the ship we do have to 'dress' - meaning I can't wear jeans and a T-shirt. The key will be selecting pieces that can be put together to make several outfits, both casual and dressy. And keeping my bag under the weight limit! Daunting but doable. Thank goodness we get laundry service on the ship or I'd be screwed.
Now I'm going to update the iPod and the Kindle one more time before I leave, do more laundry, get the other spare key to my neighbor, and have a late lunch / early dinner.
Only 5 days! Oh my goodness I am so ready for this.